Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the requirements of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
• Identify common maritime security threats
• Explain the importance of port facility security plans
• Describe security threat levels and ship security plans
• Give an overview of the actions to take in the event of an emergency situation
• Explain how to develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the port
• Explain how to implement effective search mechanisms and security controls
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
According to the UK’s Health and Safety Executive, it is estimated that somewhere between 50% and 70% of hydrocarbon releases (HCRs) in the North Sea
The aviation sector has been one of the hardest hit industries of the Covid-19 pandemic