Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel who work with pressurised cylinders, compressed gas or associated equipment
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of the use of pressurised cylinders, the risks involved and storage requirements
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the use of pressurised cylinders, the risks involved and storage requirements
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define what is meant by a ""pressurised cylinder""
• Explain the use of pressurised cylinders in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Identify the hazards posed by the use of pressurised cylinders
• Explain the mitigation measures that can be used to control the risks created by the use of pressurised cylinders
• Describe the correct storage methods for pressurised cylinders
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
According to the UK’s Health and Safety Executive, it is estimated that somewhere between 50% and 70% of hydrocarbon releases (HCRs) in the North Sea
The aviation sector has been one of the hardest hit industries of the Covid-19 pandemic